At Kerry Convention Bureau we understand that the prospect of inviting your international society or association to Ireland for its next conference may be a daunting task. However, the Bureau is here to assist you and provide guidance every step of the way as hosting conferences or organising conference bids is something you may not have experienced before.
The aim of the Conference Ambassador Programme is to provide aid to individuals who envisage Kerry as a potential location for a future association meeting or conference. These individuals, referred to as Conference Ambassadors, are entitled to practical and financial support throughout the bidding stages. The Bureau will invest resources towards compiling, and in some cases presenting, bid documents and hosting site inspections with local properties. Conference Ambassadors will also receive considerable support when organising and hosting an International meeting or conference in Kerry.
Who are Ambassadors?
The programme is looking for people working in education, manufacturing, technology, food and agriculture, construction, sports and cultural organisations, research institutions, established festivals and events, health & wellness, historical and artistic groups and those involved in global associations or business organisations with international links.
The aim is for individuals to identify and influence decision makers to bring their international events to Kerry.
To apply or to nominate a Conference Ambassador please contact Michelle Murphy
Benefits to Conference Ambassadors
There are many notable benefits associated with becoming a Conference Ambassador. Below is a list of benefits based on the direct feedback received by Fáilte Ireland from previous Ambassadors:
- Increase the profile and recognition of your organisation/ university
- Enhance the reputation of your area of expertise
- Earn national and international recognition from professional colleagues
- Invaluable networking opportunities that can potentially lead to forming research partnerships, secure funding and establishing links worldwide in your respective field of expertise
- Access to free and practical service which makes the process easier to execute
- Generating direct and spin off capital for local businesses & services in the region
- Creating awareness for the region as a tourist destination.