Become a Conference Ambassador
Engage with international counterparts, enhance your profile,
contribute to the local economy and showcase our wonderful destination
Could you be a Kerry Conference Ambassador?
- Are you an active member of an Association, Federation, Society or Sporting Organisation?
- Do you attend national or international events which could be held in Kerry?
- Could you influence which host country is chosen for future events?
- Are you interested in bringing an international conference or event home to Kerry?
If the answer to any of the above questions is YES, how would you like to become a Kerry Convention Bureau Ambassador and receive support to shine on an international stage, highlight your discipline, enhance your reputation, promote your work and earn recognition from your peers by bringing your next international conference or event home?
Anyone can be a Conference Ambassador; the program has assisted people working in education, manufacturing, technology, food and agriculture, construction, sports and cultural organisations, research institutions, established festivals and events, health & wellness, historical and artistic groups and those involved in global associations or business organisations with international links to become local champions and bring an event home.
Conference Ambassadors are typically influential in their Association or Society. If you think you have the potential to host an international conference in Kerry or know some who might, no matter what the industry, we are here to help.
What is the Kerry Conference Ambassador Programme?
Working in partnership with Fáilte Ireland (our national tourism development agency), the Ambassador program provides the opportunity for you to increase your professional profile and put Kerry on the global map by creating networking opportunities, fostering research partnerships, securing funding and establishing international links in your specialist area.
The programme provides relevant, impartial assistance and financial support to Conference Ambassadors at every stage of the event, from the initial bid to marketing and promotion.
How does it work?
At Kerry Convention Bureau, we understand that the prospect of inviting your international association or society to Ireland for its next conference or event may be a daunting task.
However, the Bureau is here to assist you and provide guidance every step of the way as hosting conferences or organising conference bids is something you may not have experienced before.
You will receive practical and financial support throughout the bidding stages. The Bureau will invest resources towards compiling and in some cases presenting bid documents and hosting site inspections with member properties and venues.
Key supports include:
Bid documentation preparation and presentation
- Financial funding to assist with the preparation and the travel involved with bidding for an international conference
- Independent advice on all aspects of organising an international conference
- Introduction to Professional Conference Organisers (PCOs) who can manage the bid process for you.
- Letters of invitation/endorsement to support the bid document
- Sample bid documents
- Image libraries
- Award winning videos
- Sample presentations
Site inspection hosting
- Fund and co-ordinate site visits for your key decision makers. Site visits cover meeting facilities, accommodation, social program options.
Conference support fund
- Financial contribution towards your conference which can be used for marketing to encourage a strong delegate turnout
- Marketing at preceding conferences
* Please note, thresholds apply for financial support
From the initial bid to the event itself, Kerry Convention Bureau and Fáilte Ireland will work hard to support Conference Ambassadors to deliver successful conferences and provide unique experiences for delegates.
Why become a Conference Ambassador?
There are many notable benefits associated with becoming a Conference Ambassador
- Increase the profile and recognition of your organisation/ university
- Enhance the reputation of your area of expertise
- Earn national and international recognition from professional colleagues
- Positively influence the theme, content or subject matter of the conference or meeting
- Expand your network and develop relationships that can potentially lead to forming research partnerships, secure future funding and establish links worldwide in your respective field of expertise
- Increase exposure of Kerry and Ireland as an area of academic/scientific excellence
- Play a vital role in securing business that delivers direct economic benefit to the region
- Create awareness of Kerry as a world class tourism destination
- Underpin and stimulate improved access via Kerry Airport, creating positive momentum for future growth
- Enjoy free and practical support from Kerry Convention Bureau and Fáilte Ireland Access every step of the way