A busy harbour town, Dingle is famed for its colourful buildings and winding streets, filled with craft stores exhibiting the work of local artists, pubs usually filled with musicians playing traditional music and restaurants serving fresh seafood, brought in directly from the boats.
The town is located on the breath-taking Dingle Peninsula which spans an astonishing 48km encircling a range of mountains, Ireland’s second highest peak, coastlines, sea cliffs and sandy beaches.
Renowned for its natural beauty, it has received many accolades over the years including National Geographic describing it as ‘the most beautiful place on Earth’ and regularly voted amongst the top 100 destinations in the world by Trip Advisor.
Its sandy beaches are safe for swimming, there are walking routes for all abilities and its thriving Irish language community is home to a rich musical tradition, arts and film festivals and talented craft makers.
It is an ideal location for small residential conferences and incentive groups or as a day tour option for pre/post, social or partner programs if staying in one of the other locations in the region.
Inspired program activities include:
- Exploring Slea Head Drive (Slí Cheann Sléibhe), an iconic drive forming part of the Wild Atlantic Way, which begins and ends in Dingle. The route takes in many attractions including local craft makers, visitor centres and provide stunning views on the western end of the peninsula
- Boarding a boat to see Fungie the Dolphin or an eco-marine trip whale watching and viewing sea birds in their natural habitat
- Enjoying a guided walk up Mount Brandon, Ireland’s second highest peak
- Riding electric bikes along the Ventry Way or over the Conor Pass, with a 5* picnic for your lunch with a view
- Visiting the mystical Blasket Islands, a small archipelago renowned for its storytellers
- Walking in the steps of pilgrims at the Gallarus Oratory, a 12thcentury Christian stone chapel
- Incorporating a cooking class at Dingle Cookery School and learn how to make traditional soda bread or something more modern like seaweed and horseradish salsa
- Learning how artisan whiskey and gin are made on a fun and interactive tour of Dingle Distillery
- Immersing yourself in nature with a seaweed bath and spa treatment, with hand harvested Wild Atlantic seaweed
- Sampling the freshest seafood and the liveliest of music in one of its many pubs and bars
Dingle Distillery welcomes visitors to its facility in Dingle Town. As well as their standard tour, private visits can be arranged for groups to enjoy a tour of their facility followed by drinks in the onsite bar area.
For other onsite event options, these are considered on a case by case basis. The team from Dingle Distillery can also set their famous Dingle Gin Bar onsite at conference/hotel venues.