Nestled at the head of Irelands longest bay, with dramatic coast to the south and rugged mountains to the north, the elegant 17th century market town of Kenmare is a haven of tranquillity, gourmet food, 5 star accommodation and breath-taking scenery.
As the gateway to the Ring of Kerry, the Southern part of the Wild Atlantic Way and the Beara Peninsula and home to two 5* hotels, it is an ideal location for small meetings and incentive groups, wishing to take advantage of the activities and tours available in the immediate surrounds or as a day tour option for pre/post, social or partner programs if staying in one of the other locations in the region.
Kenmare is an award-winning heritage town that bustles at an Irish pace, with a well renowned reputation for warm and welcoming Kerry hospitality. Its’ picturesque streets are full of character and colour and offer an array of boutiques, galleries and shops filled with arts, crafts and artisan produce.
It has been called the ‘gourmet capital of Ireland’ and it’s many bars, cafes’ and restaurants offer the very best of locally sourced products. For entertainment, traditional pubs are a plenty with many hosting live traditional music sessions. There is a lively weekly market and annual traditional fair day, when farmers bring livestock into the middle of town.
Kenmare is rich in natural beauty; from the sparkling waters of Kenmare Bay to the majestic reeks, and awesome mountain passes which surround it, the region offers a wealth of program inclusions suitable for every event and/or delegate type including eco-cruises, salmon fishing, horse riding, world-class golf courses, kayaking, falconry, clay pigeon shooting and guided hill walking.
For one of a kind off site venues with a difference which will make your event one delegates are talking about for years to come, Kenmare has several fantastic options which are ideal for informal social program events, which bring the destination and local culture to life.
Inspired program activities include:
- Taking team building to the next level with an interactive and fun Go Team Ring of Kerry 4WD driving challenge
- Making chocolate with French chocolatier Lorge in a hands-on workshop, with lots of delicious tasting included
- Throwing in a line for salmon fishing in the pools above Sheen Falls. Bring your catch back and they will smoke it on site in their very own smoke house
- Interacting with one of nature’s most majestic predators, the falcon on a guided Hawk Walk where delegates can watch, handle and fly these awesome birds for themselves
- Inspiring fresh thinking and new perspectives with a guided sunrise or moonlight kayak trip across the sparkling waters of Kenmare Bay
- Experiencing the thrill of a clay pigeon shoot, while engaging in friendly competition with colleagues
- Taking to two wheels to ride through wild landscapes and seascapes along the Ring of Kerry. Stop en route for an unforgettable display of dogs herding sheep followed by a hearty gourmet lunch.
- Capturing the stunning landscape in a painting class on the shores of Kenmare Bay or a secret mountain lake giving delegates a memento to take home of their time in the Kingdom
- Learning how to play the bodhran in a traditional music pub session
- Heading out under cover of darkness to see the heavens as never before. Learn about the night sky with a stargazing guide at the Dark Sky Reserve, the only gold tier reserve in the Northern Hemisphere as designated by the International Dark-Sky Association
Offsite venues with a difference
Dromquinna Manor is a stunning waterside estate set on 40 acres of parkland planted in the 1800s.
Transport your delegates by boat across Kenmare Bay before enjoying relaxed, informal dining experiences at either the Boathouse, a waterside bistro offering great food, great music and sea breezes or at Shutters on the Pier, an exclusive entertainment space located on the seafront.
Set up your own gin and cocktail bar, using local artisan produce such as Dingle Gin and add in a jazz quartet on the terrace.
Molly Gallivans is a 200-year-old cottage and farm located just outside of Kenmare.
Treat your delegates to an evening of Irish culture and entertainment. After a traditional Irish three course meal, relax around Molly’s open fire where a local Seanchai (Storyteller) will be your host, supported by local actors, singers, musicians and dancers.
With refreshments a plenty, delegates will be invited to dance, sing a song or maybe tell a story of their own!